Hotel New Star Ikebukuro, Hotel Star Plaza Ikebukuro, and Star House Co., Ltd., (hereinafter referred to as “Company”) recognize the importance of the information capable of identifying each individual customer (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) and handles such Personal Information with care in accordance with the following policy.
Definition of Personal Information.
This Company recognizes as the Personal Information any information related to any living individual as defined under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (i.e., name, date of birth, and any other information capable of identifying a specific individual), any information in use combined with a specific individual (e.g., email address, user ID, password, and credit card), and any other attribute information related to any individual.
Purpose of Use for Personal Information.
This Company will not use any Personal Information of any customer acquired by this Company for any purpose other than the purpose for which a customer has rovided such information.
(1) To process the reservation and cancellation and perform any other services related to the reservation
(2) To contact the customer if there is need to do so on the side of our hotels
(3) To analyze the use of the services by the customer, develop any new service, and improve existing services
(Such analysis will be made on the basis of statistics and will not be used for identifying a specific individual customer).
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties.
This Company will not disclose any Personal Information to any third party except for the following:
(1) If the customer consents to or approves such disclosure
(2) If such disclosure is required by the government agency or any other public organizations under the authority granted by the law
(3) If such disclosure is required by any service provider owing the duty of confidentiality to this Company for the sake of maintaining and managing the system
(4) Other than the foregoing, if there is any important and emergency need for the customer, our hotels, and any third party
(5) If the customer expressly requests for disclosure or provision of his/her own Personal Information to any third party
Management of Personal Information.
This Company properly and carefully manages the Personal Information of the customers.
(1) This Company implements strict security measures for the prevention of any loss, erroneous use, or modification of any Personal Information.
(2) This Company endeavors to reinforce the security by having the employees recognize the importance of the protection of the customers’ Personal Information.
(3) SSL (secure socket layer) is available for registering, transmitting or receiving any Personal Information at the time of the reservation through the homepage of this Company.
The homepage of our hotels contains the links to third-party homepages for the sake of providing convenient information and services to the customers, but our hotels shall have no liability for the collection and handling of any Personal Information through such linked homepages.
Disclosure, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information.
All Personal Information of any customer registered on the website may be modified, corrected, or deleted at any time by such customer. Unless otherwise excepted, only the information owner of any Personal Information may request for the disclosure, correction, or suspension of use in connection with such Personal Information. For such request, please contact the customer inquiry desk. If any Personal Information is requested to disclosed or requested to be corrected or suspended for any further use as the result of such disclosure, revealing that any information contained therein is in error, this Company will promptly comply with such request to the reasonable extent only if this Company has confirmed that such request was made by the information owner. In responding to any request for disclosure, correction, or suspension of use, this Company will confirm that the requester is the information owner with use of any information capable of identifying an individual (e.g., name, address, telephone number, and email address), but this Company shall have no liability for such response if any third party other than the information owner obtains any information capable of identifying such individual.
Amendment to Policy of Personal Information Protection.
This Company may make amendment to the Policy of Personal Information Protection. At such time, this Company will make the announcement on this site; therefore, please check the latest information from time to time. Please acknowledge and agree in advance that this Company shall have no liability for any trouble or whatsoever arising from any customer’s failure to check.